Associate Vice President of Administration and Finance
Associate Vice President of Administration and Finance
Nature of Work
The Associate Vice President Administration & Finance (AVPAF) administers functions associated with the financial operations of the College and works closely with/advises the Vice President for Administration & Finance (VPAF) on matters affecting policy and procedures regarding financial aid, student accounts, and cash management; and provides oversight of the financial affairs of the Athletic department.
Examples of Work Performed
- Responsible for formulating and administering policies and procedures for the financial operations of the College, relating to financial aid, student accounts, cash management, and athletic accounting.
- Oversees the Student Financial Services (including Financial Aid & Student Accounts) operations of the College.
- Supervises the Athletic Business Manager and ensures that proper communication and collaboration occurs between the Athletic department and Administration/Finance personnel.
- Coordinates with academic/student services personnel regarding budgets and expenditure reconciliation related to Study Abroad opportunities for students as well as camp opportunities for various participants.
- Oversees the review and audit of student account set-up and transactions for accuracy and compliance with College, system, state and federal regulations.
- Coordinates financial literacy initiatives for the College.
- Works closely with Comptroller to ensure compliance with accounting standards and proper internal controls related to cash management, accounts receivable, financial aid disbursements, and athletic accounting.
- In conjunction with the College’s Vice President for Information Technology, responsible for ensuring the College’s compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI), Data Security Standard (DSS), and Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
- Oversee reporting related to financial aid, student accounts, and athletic finances including but not limited to FISAP, 1098-T, accounts receivable write-off recommendations, month/year-end reports related to student account transactions, EADA, NCAA financial report, and NCAA application of agreed-upon procedures.
- Serves as a member of the Finance and Facilities committee for the South Sioux City College Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. A minimum of five years of related business experience is required. Must possess an attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with campus colleagues, system and state office personnel and other constituencies.
Masters in Business Administration. Work experience in higher education. Experience with SAP accounting system. Experience with Peoplesoft Student Information System.
Criminal Background Check; Credit Check
Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive fringe benefit package. Annual Salary range is $85,000 - $100,000.
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Wayne State College is seeking an Associate Vice President of Administration & Finance.
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
The Nebraska State Colleges are equal opportunity institutions and do not discriminate against any student, employee, or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities. Each College has designated an individual to coordinate the Colleges’ non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinators assigned at each College and identified on each College website.
This position is subject to Veterans Preference.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation
WSC IS AN EOE.