Advertising Sales Representative
Advertising Sales Representative
Salary Plus Commission
We are seeking an energetic, sales-minded professional for an exciting outside sales position focused on developing new business along with servicing and growing existing advertising accounts for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
This position will focus on the Recruitment category using our suite of digital and print products to assist human resource professionals with their recruiting needs.
Background in human resources or as a recruiter a plus. Knowledge of job aggregator sites such as Monster, Indeed, and Zip Recruiter a plus. A Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or communications highly preferred along with two to five years outside sales experience. Compensation is salary plus commission.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is Western Pennsylvania's largest newspaper and post-gazette.com is the region's most visited news website, together reaching nearly 1 million people each week. The Post-Gazette provides unparalleled reporting and commentary on Pittsburgh's sports teams - the Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and the University of Pittsburgh - plus award-winning local, national and international news coverage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following (though other duties may be assigned as applicable):
- Develops and maintains account records and territory sales call plans.
- Demonstrates a successful record identifying and developing new sales and inactive advertisers in assigned geographical area or category as assigned by supervisor.
- Orders advertisements and follow through the entire process to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company’s deadlines, credit policies and customer’s specifications.
- Write layout and artwork specifications for advertisements.
- Sell contracts for advertising.
- Handle all billing problems relating to accounts for which responsible.
- Coordinate with support staff on handling of ad copy and orders.
- Ability to use marketing and research material and effectively deliver successful sales
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of competing media, marketing and industry practices.
- Maintain required advertising lineage as determined by supervisor.
- Handle additional related assignments as assigned by supervisor.
- File sales, mileage and other reports as required for Company records.
- Adhere to credit and office procedures; administer exceptions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or communications highly preferred.
- Two to five years outside sales experience, with advertising sales preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Highly skilled with Microsoft products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Certificates & Licenses
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and must have a car available for work. (Territory depends on assigned account list.)
- Professional attire and appearance at all times.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a sales plan and to utilize marketing and research tools.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build client relationships and develop creative ideas.
- Possess superior customer service skills.
- Must understand the importance of voluntarily attending client and community events outside of regular work hours.
- Proven sales track record.
- Possess ad layout or related skills
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)