Full-time Flexible Pharmacist
770 Full-time Flexible Pharmacist
Department: LOU Pharmacy
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: P2-8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and inspire associates to deliver excellent customer service that encourages our customers to return. Achieve department sales and profit goals, control all established quality assurance standards and expenses and properly schedule and staff technicians to meet the needs of the business. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining clean, neat work areas to present a professional, sanitary, and organized image.
- Create a positive and professional department image through strong service, personal appearance, conduct, friendliness and cooperativeness with customers, associates and outside vendors.
- Observe shift operating hours as scheduled or assigned; meeting schedule requirements consistently and punctually.
- Fulfill customers’ prescription needs while concentrating on the accuracy of every prescription filled.
- Provide patient counseling and pharmaceutical care to customers to include provision of all clinical activities.
- Accurately and efficiently utilize RX computer system to process prescriptions, complete clinical interventions, and review progress to goals.
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws, including HIPAA, Fraud, Waste, and Abuse, and DEA Procedures.
- Monitor inventory levels, scheduling, proper operation of all equipment and progress to budget goals.
- Establish/maintain company policies/procedures related to security, returns /recalls, sanitation.
- Reinforce quality assurance programs by complying with accuracy and safety procedures; identify or correct unsafe conditions.
- Establish/maintain all record keeping practices necessary for legal compliance, Kroger policies, accounting policies and other requested reports.
- Maintain and organize all policy manuals, reference books, state laws and required equipment and verify that all staff is knowledgeable of their use.
- Maintain proper signing (e.g., store hours, counseling signs, services signs, licenses, and all other signs requested) in all areas necessary for legal compliance and customer facing.
- Achieve a thorough knowledge of the trade area, its customers and its competition.
- Stay current with present, future, and seasonal ads to promote department and store sales opportunities.
- Make a strong and continuous effort to broaden personal knowledge and pharmacy skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or PharmD
- Current state pharmacist licensure in good standing
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 1 year of retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Nearest Major Market: Owensboro