Shipping and Receiving Associate
Autokiniton now has openings for our Shipping and Receiving Department. Starting pay is $16.00/hour with a $0.75 differential for 2nd shift and $1.00 differential for 3rd shift. New hires are also eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus!
All applicants are welcome, regardless of skill level/experience. Previous assembly and manufacturing experience is not a requirement. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach!
Tower International is a brand of Autokiniton that is a leading global supplier in the automotive industry. We are a trusted partner of the world's top automotive manufacturers.
Are you ready to take the next steps and join a great team? Apply today! Your best future starts here!
Responsible for all incoming and outgoing part shipments. Also responsible for the safe and orderly movement of materials in the plant and providing documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Receive all incoming shipments
- Prepare and document all outgoing shipments in a timely manner
- Enter data in computer as necessary
- Monitor and contribute to continuous improvement
- Assist in cycle counting and daily physical inventories in coordination with Material Analyst
- Housekeeping - contribute to the effort to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Move materials in the plant as required
- Ensure parts and containers are placed at job stations as required
- Document incoming materials as required
- Participate in activities to support environmental efforts
- Monitor and participate in activities to support continuous improvement
- Process hourly/daily paperwork as required
- Any other activities as required by the Production manager or the Shift Supervisor
- Monitor all EDI and manual shipping requirements, perform input and corrections as required
- Communicate all shipping requirements, potential misses, short ships to plant
- Track and report shipping performance
- Liaison for all customer communication, including but not limited to DDL, TS, etc.
- Coordinate with carriers for pick-up and deliveries including tracking of premium freight
- Coordinate shipping needs with other shifts
- Reconcile packing slips to purchase orders to releases
- Disburse incoming and outgoing supplies
- Assist in processing returns
- Regular and punctual, in-person attendance is required
- Must be organized and have experience or the ability to learn data entry on the computer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Need an understanding of the Production Department
- Fork Truck license (will have to be certified – if not currently) -Pass written test and demonstrate safe operation of a powered industrial vehicle.
- The ability to read and understand both written and verbal information
- Comply with the Tower Automotive values and policies
- Use scale for weigh control purposes
- Use hand held scanner
- Be capable of working together as a team when needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Materials Manager/Supervisor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of sitting, climbing, lifting, stooping, bending, standing and handling of materials
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of the lift truck to exact positions.
- The ability to see details at close range as well as see pedestrians at a distance.
- Be flexible in work schedule due to production shipment requirements